2. M/S Tattooed woman dances
3. W/S Tattooed women dance in bikinis
4. W/S Tattooed women dance in bikinis
5. W/S Crowd cheers on women
6. M/S Tattooed woman dances
7. M/S Tattooed woman dances
8. W/S Crowd cheers on women
9. W/S Tattooed woman given crown
10. W/S Tattooed woman prepares backstage
11. M/S Woman’s body painted
12. C/U Woman’s body painted
13. W/S Crowd cheers on women
14. C/U Woman gets tattoo
15. M/S Woman gets tattoo
16. M/S Woman with tattooed breasts
Russia: Inked models leave little to the imaginaRussia: Inked models leave little to the imagination
Bikini-clad tattoo models met famous tattoo artists from around the world as body art lovers showed off their ink during the sixth Moscow Tattoo Convention on Saturday. Running from May 24 to 26, the annual event claims to host the best tattoo artists from around the globe.
It featured competitions such as the brand new Tattoo Queen contest, which rewarded the women with the best tattoos who were also the best dancers. In one round of the contest women dressed in stylish costumes performed dance routines, while in another rounds they appeared in bikinis. In another contest, artists had four hours to cover the bodies of models with colourful paintings of skulls, beast jaws and wings.
Some of the other contests included Best Crazy Tattoo, Best Big Tattoo, Best Cover up, Best of the day, Best Realism, Best Black and Grey Tattoo and Best Tribal Tattoo. Visitors also had the opportunity to get tattoos from the renowned tattoo artist of their choice.
The next major tattoo event will be the Amsterdam Tattoo Convention in the Netherlands beginning May 31.